Extracting values from a table

  1. #1
    Rob Cherry
    Guest

    Extracting values from a table

    I have a table which shows a tick in the cells where a combination of both
    the column and row headings is valid. I want to extract from this table one
    record for each valid combination of by concatenating the column heading and
    row heading e.g.

    Table looks like this:

    A B C
    1 x x
    2 x
    3 x x

    Result required:

    A1
    B2
    B3
    C1
    C3

    Can anyone out there help as I am completely stuck as to how to go about this?

    Many thanks in anticipation

    PS Using Excel 2003 on XP Professional

  2. #2

    Re: Extracting values from a table

    See one response at your thread in .misc.