Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

XLA not opening properly (Repost)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    ExcelMonkey
    Guest

    XLA not opening properly (Repost)

    Sorry for the repost, but I could not get an anwer on the original and this
    is still plaguing me.

    I have an XLA with a User Defined Function in it. Upon loading I attempt to
    load the function into a function category in Excel (UDF category 14). The
    UDF is called "VowelCount". When Excel starts up and opens the XLA I get an
    error message in the ThisWorkbook module:

    "Run time Error 1004: Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the
    workbook using the Unhide command"

    The code is as follws:
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Application.MacroOptions Macro:="VowelCount", Category:=14
    End Sub

    Why is this happening? The XLA is obviously hidden file. Do I have to
    momentarily unihde it to add the function to the function category and then
    hide it again?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: XLA not opening properly (Repost)

    Something else is going on. No idea what but I cannot repro this error.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ExcelMonkey
    Guest

    Re: XLA not opening properly (Repost)

    I only have two macros in the add-in. Why is this happening?

    ThisWorkbook
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Application.MacroOptions Macro:="VowelCount", Category:=14
    End Sub

    And regular module
    Function VowelCount(r As String)
    'This counts the number of vowels
    'in as string and returns the numbers

    Count = 0
    For i = 1 To Len(r)
    Ch = UCase(Mid(r, i, 1))
    If Ch Like "[AEIOU]" Then
    Count = Count + 1
    End If
    Next i
    VowelCount = Count
    End Function

  4. #4
    ExcelMonkey
    Guest

    Re: XLA not opening properly (Repost)

    What also interesting is that I cannot see my Personal Workbook in the VBE
    anymore. When I go into the VBE, and collapse all my tree directories in the
    Project Window, I get a funny views in my code window. I can see my code
    from my personal workbook but I cannot see my personal workbook in the
    Project window. When i try to click onto the code from this missing file,
    the code window disappears and then surfaces again as a code windoe for one
    of the existing file that I can see in the Project window. I had an XLA
    installed which was referencing a DLL. When I uninstalled the add-in for
    this XLA the code for that XLA failed on a line of code which was suppose to
    uninstall the DLL for it as well. Is there a chance that in do so I have
    created some error with this incorrectly uninstalled DLL which is affecing my
    personal workbook and this funciton question I have posted?

    Thanks

    "Jim Rech" wrote:

    > Something else is going on. No idea what but I cannot repro this error.
    >
    > --
    > Jim
    > "ExcelMonkey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | Sorry for the repost, but I could not get an anwer on the original and
    > this
    > | is still plaguing me.
    > |
    > | I have an XLA with a User Defined Function in it. Upon loading I attempt
    > | load the function into a function category in Excel (UDF category 14).
    > The
    > | UDF is called "VowelCount". When Excel starts up and opens the XLA I get
    > an
    > | error message in the ThisWorkbook module:
    > |
    > | "Run time Error 1004: Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide
    > the
    > | workbook using the Unhide command"
    > |

    > | The code is as follws:
    > | Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    > | Application.MacroOptions Macro:="VowelCount", Category:=14
    > | End Sub
    > |

    > | Why is this happening? The XLA is obviously hidden file. Do I have to
    > | momentarily unihde it to add the function to the function category and
    > then
    > | hide it again?
    > |

    > | Thanks

Closed Thread