Data Validation Drop-Down Will Not Appear

  1. #1
    Joshua @ UDA
    Guest

    Data Validation Drop-Down Will Not Appear

    Hello,

    I have an Excel spreadsheet that has been customized using VBA to perform a
    variety of additional functions. There are several worksheets and each
    worksheet has cells which utilize drop-down validation. Of the thirteen or
    fourteen worksheets, two of them will not display the drop-down. Validation
    still works, but the drop down itself will not appear. I've researched this
    enough to know that my Drop Down Shape may have been removed from this
    worksheet. I know that I could copy the cells into another worksheet, but I
    am curious if there is a way to reinsert the necessary drop down shape into
    the corrupted worksheet. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

    Joshua

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation Drop-Down Will Not Appear

    >> am curious if there is a way to reinsert the necessary drop down shape
    No, you must copy all cells into a new worksheet as far as I know

    See possible problem macro
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/controlsobj...eet.htm#Shapes

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Data Validation Drop-Down Will Not Appear

    Ensure that the in cell drop down in enabled.

    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Validation.InCellDropDown = True
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  4. #4

    Re: Data Validation Drop-Down Will Not Appear

    Thanks for the reply.

    It seems like MS should take care of this issue somewhere. How can
    they give us the ability to delete the shape and no methodology to put
    it back?

    Joshua

  5. #5

    Re: Data Validation Drop-Down Will Not Appear

    Thanks for the suggestions. It is indeed set to 'True'. I'm convinced
    it is because the shape has been removed from the worksheet. Once
    again it is frustrating that there isn't a way to reinsert the shape or
    recreate the necessary shape. Our worksheets are very complexe and
    link to one another in a variety of ways. Having to copy and paste all
    the cells is not the best way to handle this problem in our situation.

    Joshua