Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

How to convert a selection to a picture

  1. #1
    Edgar Cuellar
    Guest

    How to convert a selection to a picture

    Hello,

    I am trying to write a macro that select a group of cells (from one sheet)
    and then paste that selection (to another sheet) but as a picture (enhanced
    metafile) or a MS office drawing object.
    So far I don't know if it can be converted or if that type is an OLE object
    but I think it can be done. I have not much experience with macros or VB but
    i can catch it quickly.

    I would appreciate all the help you can provide me

    Best Regards,

  2. #2

    Re: How to convert a selection to a picture

    Try recording a macro when you select a range
    Edit|copy

    To the other sheet
    shift-edit|paste picture
    (or paste picture link if you want the picture to change when the range changes)

    And you'll have close to your final code.

  3. #3
    Edgar Cuellar
    Guest

    Re: How to convert a selection to a picture

    Thanks for the quick answer, I already have the code to select the range of
    cells and copy them what I can not make is for that selection to paste it as
    a picture (enhanced metafile) because as far as I know when you paste a cell
    in the same workbook using the past special command you are limited to the
    know options such as paste only values or formulas, transpose, etc. But if it
    is a selection that came from another program such as word or another excel
    workbook that is in a new excel process you have the option to paste it as
    meta file or any other available

    I tried to use the next code but it didnt work

    Dim nombre As Variant

    nombre = ActiveSheet.Name
    Worksheets("Displays").Select
    Range("A1:N2").Select
    Selection.Copy
    -> ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Picture (Enhanced Metafile)",
    Link:=False _
    , DisplayAsIcon:=False
    Worksheets(nombre).Select

    Please tell me how can I handle it

    Best Regards,

  4. #4
    Edgar Cuellar
    Guest

    Re: How to convert a selection to a picture

    Thank you Dave!!

    I didnt understand it at first but the thing is to press and hold the shift
    key while selecting edit -> paste picture.
    Thanks again I will be able to finish my macro and continue with my work

    Best Regards,

    Edgar Cuellar

    "Dave Peterson" wrote:

    > Try recording a macro when you select a range
    > Edit|copy
    >
    > To the other sheet
    > shift-edit|paste picture
    > (or paste picture link if you want the picture to change when the range changes)
    >
    > And you'll have close to your final code.
    >
    > Edgar Cuellar wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am trying to write a macro that select a group of cells (from one sheet)
    > > and then paste that selection (to another sheet) but as a picture (enhanced
    > > metafile) or a MS office drawing object.
    > > So far I don't know if it can be converted or if that type is an OLE object
    > > but I think it can be done. I have not much experience with macros or VB but
    > > i can catch it quickly.
    > >
    > > I would appreciate all the help you can provide me
    > >
    > > Best Regards,

    > --
    >
    > Dave Peterson

Closed Thread