query with changing parameters ...

  1. #1
    kellie jones
    Guest

    query with changing parameters ...

    Ok..from reading here I've discovered how to do a query using a cell value
    as a parameter. (query odbc datasource).

    However...I have a list of parts and I need to get the Quantity on hand for
    each (and only these parts) - so the parameter is different in each
    query. I figured I just put the query on each row - changing the parameter
    location. Well..the legacy computer doesn't like this - I think I'm running
    out of
    memory or something. It gets to query 24 and gives an error. (first
    [ODBCLINK Host][Allbase]ALLBASE/SQL shared memory lock allocation failed in
    DBCore. (DBERR 4008)
    then : [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Drivers's SQLSetConnectAttr failed)

    There is a fix for the first error by changing settings im my sql database.
    I was hoping that someone here could suggest something different. I just
    dont believe that it's efficient to do that many separate queries.

    I noticed the querytable option. I copied some code into my excel sheet
    from microsoft - but it doesn't like many of the item types (i.e. Workspace)
    from the example code.

    Am I going in the right direction with querytable?

  2. #2
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: query with changing parameters ...