enable diable macros

  1. #1
    Bret
    Guest

    enable diable macros

    I regularly rollout VBA Excel programs within our company (100 - 1000 users)
    Is there a way to turn off displaying the dialog box that ask user to
    'disable or enable or macros. I want it always to default to "enable
    macros".

    thank you.

  2. #2
    Martin Krastev
    Guest

    RE: enable diable macros

    I can give you three suggestions:
    1. Set security level in all workstations (tools/macros/security) to low,
    which is a security risk
    2. sign your macros with a certificate, trusted by all workstations in your
    company
    3. create a Self signed certificate (with the selfcert.exe tool provided by
    MS) and then sign the macros. You will have to "trust" this suignature on all
    workstations

  3. #3
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: enable diable macros

    That would rather defeat the object of having security ... so, no.

    Regards

    Trevor

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Dick Kusleika
    Guest

    Re: enable diable macros

    Bret:
    > I regularly rollout VBA Excel programs within our company (100 - 1000
    > users) Is there a way to turn off displaying the dialog box that ask
    > user to 'disable or enable or macros. I want it always to default
    > to "enable macros".

    You and evey macro virus writer in the world. You can use a digital
    signature and the user would only have to accept it once. See
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288985

    --
    **** Kusleika
    MS MVP - Excel