Controls Toolbox

  1. #1

    Controls Toolbox

    I accidentally deleted the images control from the vba controls
    toolbox. Could someone tell me which available control to use to get
    it back?

    tia

  2. #2
    jbw92
    Guest

    Re: Controls Toolbox

    >From the HelpFile (xl2003)
    Restore original buttons and menus on a built-in toolbar

    On the Tools menu, click Customize, and then click the Toolbars tab.
    In the Toolbars box, click the name of the toolbar you want to restore.

    Click Reset.

    Joop

  3. #3

    Re: Controls Toolbox

    That does not work. This is the ToolBox - controls. i.e. the
    controls to add to forms. I have inadvertantly deleted the images
    control option. It can be retreived by a right click then you select
    Additional controls. The problem is that I don't see which of the
    many options is the images control, and I don't see an option to reset
    the toolbox to the default controls.

    bob

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Controls Toolbox

    It worked for me. Make sure you actually have the control toolbox
    highlighted in the customize dialog before you hit the reset button.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Re: Controls Toolbox

    The toolbar in the VBE?

    Saved from a previous post:

    I had a similar problem a little while ago. The toolbox would appear, but all
    the icons were missing.

    I got this message from Rob Bovey:

    > With Excel shut down, search your hard disk(s) for a file called
    > Excel.box (it's the VBE toolbox equivalent of an Excel .xlb file). Delete it
    > and then restart Excel. That may do the trick.

    And this message from Tom Ogilvy:

    > It appears to be just a special multipage control.
    >
    > If you right click above the tabs, you get a shortcut menu that allows you
    > to add and delete pages.
    >
    > If you right click on one of the tabs, you get the additional controls popup
    > menu. Select that and just click the controls you want on the tab/page.

    I believe I did a little of Tom's suggestion, until I broke down and just did
    them all at once with Rob's suggestion.

    (It scared the heck out of me!)

    =======
    You may want to rename excel.box to excel.boxOLD--just in case this doesn't help
    and you want to get it back.