Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

How can I get a row to display the date of the last friday, and every friday before that?

  1. #1

    How can I get a row to display the date of the last friday, and every friday before that?

    I need to record the price of an item every friday. I want the most
    recent friday in column G.

    I am using the today() function, but obviously that won't work, because
    on monday it inserts today's date, rather than the most recent friday.
    Then, in every column to the right I want the friday before, until
    1/2/06.

    I know I can just subtract 7 from the column to the left, but how would
    I end this. So each week one new column should become active.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How can I get a row to display the date of the last friday, and every friday before that?

    Use =TODAY()-CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(TODAY()),2,3,4,5,6,0,1) to get the Friday
    previous to today.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...