Sum varying number of rows

  1. #1
    LSkarbek
    Guest

    Sum varying number of rows

    I am pulling data into an excel spreadsheet from another application. The
    number of rows can vary each time the program is run. How can I add column
    totals without hard-coding in the cell ranges?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Sum varying number of rows

    Can you use complete columns, it is the simplest way

    =SUM(A:A)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    LSkarbek
    Guest

    Re: Sum varying number of rows

    Possibly, but the problem is where would the formula go, since I don't know
    how many rows there will be?

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Sum varying number of rows

    If you have to work out where the formula goes, then that is visual, so
    using Autosum should be perfectly adequate shouldn't it?