How do I see the amount in words (I will enter amount in numbers)

  1. #1
    Ram
    Guest

    How do I see the amount in words (I will enter amount in numbers)

    Hi all,

    I am entering the amount in dollars (Eg. $ 500) and I want to see in the
    next cell the amount in words i.e. Dollars Five Hundred.

    what formula I have to use to see the amount in words. any help is appreciable

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: How do I see the amount in words (I will enter amount in numbers)

    Hi,
    From a previous posting by "DavesExcel":

    You could download Laurent Longre's MoreFunc addin which is freely
    downloadable at:

    http://xcell05.free.fr/

    The addin includes the NBTEXT function which converts a positive number
    into
    spelled-out text (supports 13 languages).

    Also see:
    'How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel'

    HTH