SeriesCollection(i) and XValues= Array() error

  1. #1
    MJKulangara
    Guest

    SeriesCollection(i) and XValues= Array() error

    I know this issue has been hashed and rehashed, but I still can not
    find a satisfactory hack to be able to accomplish the following:

    I have a recordset that I am pulling from a database based on various
    parameters. The length of the recordset is indeterminate (sometimes 5
    records, other times 200 etc.) Values in the recordset are stored in
    various Arrays, and these Arrays are used to generate values for Series
    in a chart.

    I am periodically running across the error that XValues can not be set.
    I know this is because there is a limitation on "formula" length when
    dealing with Arrays, but is there a way to short circuit this process,
    by adding severalsmaller arrays to XValues ?

    For example:

    SeriesCollection(j).xValues = Arrays1()
    SeriesCollection(j).xValues.add(Arrays2())

    I would like to avoid dumping my recordset to "dummy" workbook.

    Any suggestions are appreciated.

    TIA

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: SeriesCollection(i) and XValues= Array() error

    Have you looked at Tushar Mehta's solutions in this post...
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?C349153FC
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

  3. #3
    MJKulangara
    Guest

    Re: SeriesCollection(i) and XValues= Array() error

    Thanks, JIm.

    I'm curious about his solution regarding multidimensional arrays. It
    occurs to me, that even in this solution there is an upper bound to the
    number of values you may have, but that it is higher than for 1
    dimensional arrays.

  4. #4
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: SeriesCollection(i) and XValues= Array() error

    I don't see where he mentioned a limit.
    Why not try it and see.

    Of course, a chart has a limit on the number of points...
    Data points in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000
    Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000
    Data points for all data series in one chart 256,000

    Jim Cone