Userform shadows...

  1. #1
    RJH
    Guest

    Userform shadows...

    I have a sheet (Excel 2003, XP Home) that uses several user forms.
    The user forms appear at the start of the macro and as each one disappears
    for the next a shadow is left.
    Also if I drag the forms they leave a 'tail' of forms behind. The shadows
    and tails disappear if OK or CANCEL
    are clicked but why does this happen?

    Thanks!

    RJH

  2. #2
    Doug Glancy
    Guest

    Re: Userform shadows...

    RJH,

    You need to set Application.ScreenUpdating = True before you call the form.

    hth,

    Doug

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Userform shadows...

    You need to turn on ScreenUpdating before showing the form.
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

  4. #4
    RJH
    Guest

    Re: Userform shadows...

    Thanks to both!
    I shut down screen updating to hide the "screen bounce" during the macro's
    execution.

    RJH

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Userform shadows...

    You need to learn to program without selecting and activating. In most
    cases these activities are not required. Look at most of the code in this
    group for examples.

    Tom Ogilvy

  6. #6
    RJH