How to automatically clear cells upon changing/making selection?

  1. #1
    Missouri

    How to automatically clear cells upon changing/making selection?

    My new Specification Form uses combo boxes (control form) to select options for several product models.

    The first step is to select the model with a combo box. Once the model is selected, the remaining combo boxes provide lists of options that are appropriate to the model selected. So far so good.

    Normally, the user will start with a fresh, blank form to specify a product. Occassionally, however, the user may specify a product, print the results, and go on to the next product without reopening the form, so I provided a button (macro) that clears the form to start a new product spec.

    Unfortunatley, if the user forgets to clear the form and simply changes the model and proceeds with the new specs, it would be possible to keep some of the options from the previous model even if they were incorrect.

    Is there a way to detect when a model selection is made, first step and run the macro that clears the cells?

    Thanks!

    Alex

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: How to automatically clear cells upon changing/making selection?

    It would seem that you are already doing that to populate the choices for the
    other comboboxes?

    If not, then use the click event for the model.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    Missouri
    Tom, you said-
    "It would seem that you are already doing that to populate the choices for the other comboboxes?"

    You are correct IF the user clears all the combo boxes between models before filling them.
    But if they are not cleared first, it is possible to miss one and leave it with the previous information.
    What I am trying to learn how to do is to make the clearing of the boxes a must or make it happen automatically.

    "If not, then use the click event for the model."
    Could you expand on this?

    Thanks!

    Alex

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How to automatically clear cells upon changing/making selectio

    In the last statement It should have been use the click event for the
    combobox where the user selects a new model or perhaps a new product.

    Tom Ogilvy