window size/scroll

  1. #1
    David
    Guest

    window size/scroll

    Hello,
    is there any code out there that does the following:
    As I move (increase or decrease) excel window size with mouse, spreadsheet
    moves with it.
    Also is it possible to disable the scrolling in excel?

    Thanks for the help

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: window size/scroll

    for scrolling, you can hide the scollbars on the window under Tools=>Options
    (or with code).

    You can set the scrollarea property of the worksheet.

    If you maximize the spreadsheet, then it won't be a problem.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    sebastienm
    Guest

    RE: window size/scroll

    Hi
    Not sure i understand the first question.
    To prevent scrolling, one way would be to set the ScrollArea property of the
    Worksheet object to a specific range so that the user cannot scroll that
    range, say A1:O35. However, in xl2k, this setting is not saved with the book
    so you have to set it in the Workbook_Open sub. Not sure whether or not this
    setting is saved with the book in xp or 2003.
    Sébastien
    <http://www.ondemandanalysis.com>

  4. #4
    David
    Guest

    RE: window size/scroll

    Hi Tom,
    I would like to do it with code.
    I will do that while recording macro so I can see the code, then use it.

    Do you have any input about the other question (size of the window adjustment)
    I appreciate your help

  5. #5
    David
    Guest

    RE: window size/scroll

    Hi Sebastienm
    do you know the code/commands to set the range for scroll bar?

    Thanks for your help

  6. #6
    sebastienm
    Guest

    RE: window size/scroll

    From Excel's online help:
    "
    ScrollArea Property
    Returns or sets the range where scrolling is allowed, as an A1-style range
    reference. Cells outside the scroll area cannot be selected. Read/write
    String.
    Remarks
    Set this property to the empty string ("") to enable cell selection for the
    entire sheet.
    "

    eg given there: Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = "a1:f10"