User Form will not scroll to Match Entry First Letter?

  1. #1
    KBrenner
    Guest

    User Form will not scroll to Match Entry First Letter?

    I created a Userform with a listbox link to a list. When I orginally create
    the userform, I use to be able to type the first letter and the listbox would
    scroll to the first letter that I typed. Now it will not scroll to anything,
    I have to use the mouse to get to the item in the list and if I have more
    than 200 items to select from this is a pain. I Select the 0 -
    fmMatchEntryFirstLetter in the ListBox Properties but it did not work!
    I have tweak with every Property in the ListBox (Ithink!) but cant make it
    work!
    Is ther a secret or something in one of the fields in the worksheet with the
    data list.

    Thanks for your help!

    K. Brenner

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Did you try the "AutoWordSelect" = TRUE option for the listbox in the userform?

    Quote Originally Posted by KBrenner

  3. #3
    KBrenner
    Guest

    Re: User Form will not scroll to Match Entry First Letter?

    Ikaabod,
    Thanks for answering!
    I looked all over the properties, I still can't find it. This is a UserForm
    Created in VisualBasic under Insert>UserForm, then I used the Controls in
    that Toolbox. I'm not really sure if all of these Toolboxes are the same??.
    As a test I created a new workbook and created a ComboBox, under its
    properties I did find the AutoWordSelect as you said, but none on the
    UserForm ListBox.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor
    My apologies. You are correct. I can't seem to recreate your problem, and am therefore at a loss. Perhaps someone else can shed some light?
    If all else fails perhaps create a new listbox and replace the old one.

  5. #5
    KBrenner
    Guest

    Re: User Form will not scroll to Match Entry First Letter?

    Don't worry, Thanks anyways for trying.
    What I did is open and old version of that file where the UserForm use to
    worked, exported only the Form and the Inported it into the new workbook, and
    that fixed the problem! The bad thing is I'll never know what was the
    problem, the good thing is that it dosent matter, hehe

    Kevin Brenner