Opening and deleting File with only partial Filename

  1. #1
    sean_f
    Guest

    Opening and deleting File with only partial Filename

    Hi All,

    anyone have any ideas on how to open a file automatically with only a
    partial file name.

    The file will always be in the same folder.
    The first four letters of the filename are the same for all files.

    After I open the file I want to save it into another folder and then
    delete it.
    Saving poses no difficulty but does anyone have any suggestions
    regarding deletion.
    Thanks

    Sean

  2. #2
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: Opening and deleting File with only partial Filename

    What kind of file ? Excel ?
    How are you opening the file and performing the SaveAs ?

    If you have the file open then presumably there is no problem getting the name and path...

    activeworkbook.name
    activeworkbook.path

    Tikm