How to code with the R1C1 Style of Reference?

  1. #1
    plh
    Guest

    How to code with the R1C1 Style of Reference?

    Is there a way to code using the R1C1 style of reference? It seems to me I have
    doe it but I just can't recall it now.
    That is, instead of:
    Range("A1").Select
    Something like:
    Range(R1C1).Select
    That way it would same complications past column Z
    Thank You,
    -plh

    --
    I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here!

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to code with the R1C1 Style of Reference?

    Cells(row_num,Col_num).Select

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    plh
    Guest

    Re: How to code with the R1C1 Style of Reference?

    Thank you! You are obviously a knowledgeable guy!

    Maybe you know the answer to this one:

    Debug.Print Sheets("Parts List").Cells(5, 2).Name
    gives me
    ='Parts List'!$B$5

    but the cell has a defined name of EVANS_KO

    How do I return this defined name?
    Thank You,
    -plh

    In article <[email protected]>, Bob Phillips says...

  4. #4

    Re: How to code with the R1C1 Style of Reference?

    I'm not Bob, but you could try:

    Debug.Print Sheets("Parts List").Cells(5, 2).Name.Name