Runtime Error 1004 Unable to set the XValues property of series cl

  1. #1
    Rachel
    Guest

    Runtime Error 1004 Unable to set the XValues property of series cl

    I would appreciate it very much if someone could please help me with the
    following problem.

    I have several charts that need the source data changed often. I have
    created a macro that allows the user to input lot numbers and view the charts
    without having to change each charts source data. Sometimes I get a runtime
    error when I use the macro to change the source data of charts with a
    secondary axis. The error says "Runtime error 1004: Unable to set the xvalues
    of the series class." The program always stops on the line with the
    secondary x axis. I don't know any other way to refer to the secondary x
    axis. Sometimes it works, other times I get an error. Please see the
    following example.

    Sheets("Measurements").Select
    ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Booster!R" & a & "C1:R" & b &
    "C1" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "=Booster!R" & a & "C3:R" & b &
    "C3"
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = "=Booster!R" & a & "C1:R" & b & "C1"
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Values = "=Booster!R" & a & "C6:R" & b & "C6"
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).XValues = "=Booster!R" & a & "C1:R" & b & "C1"
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Values = "=Booster!R" & a & "C10:R" & b &
    "C10"

    Thanks
    --
    Rachel

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Runtime Error 1004 Unable to set the XValues property of series cl

    What are a and b when you get the error?

  3. #3
    Rachel
    Guest

    Re: Runtime Error 1004 Unable to set the XValues property of serie

    Thank you for your comment. I believe it has helped me solve my problem. It
    so happens that when the macro fails, the range of a and b have no data. I
    thought excel would simply not plot cells without value. I filled the cells
    with "na" and the program has worked every time so far. Thanks again for
    your response.
    --
    Rachel