ListBox items paste into worksheet in reverse order

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO

    ListBox items paste into worksheet in reverse order

    Hi,
    I have a UserForm with a listbox, the RowSource is a column range. Everything works fine except when the selected items are inserted into the spreadsheet, they are entered in reverse order from the column range (they appear in the correct order in the listbox). Need some help.

    Example:
    Listbox selections Get inserted
    Item1 Item7
    Item3 Item3
    Item7 Item1

    Here is the code which inserts the Listbox selections into the worksheet.

    Private Sub cmdEnterSelection_Click()
    Dim i As Long
    Dim j As Long
    j = 0
    For i = 0 To Me.ListBox1.ListCount - 1
    If Me.ListBox1.Selected(i) Then
    ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert
    ActiveCell.Value = Me.ListBox1.List(i)
    j = j + 1
    End If
    Next i
    ActiveCell.Offset(j, 0).Select
    OptionButton2.Value = True
    End Sub

    NOTE: The two optionbuttons are used to "Select All" and "Deselect All" I don't think they are the problem.
    Casey

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: ListBox items paste into worksheet in reverse order

    Try this modification:

    Private Sub cmdEnterSelection_Click()
    Dim i As Long
    Dim j As Long
    For i = 0 To Me.ListBox1.ListCount - 1
    If Me.ListBox1.Selected(i) Then
    ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert
    ActiveCell.Value = Me.ListBox1.List(i)
    ActiveCell.Offset(1,0).Select

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO
    Tom,
    Works perfectly. Thank you very much. Now I just need to study your code compared to mine to find out why. Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: ListBox items paste into worksheet in reverse order

    when you insert a row, it pushes the current row down and the activecell is
    on the newly inserted row. So you keep adding your list above the item just
    added. I only added a single line after the update

    ActiveCell.offset(1,0).Activate

    this moves the activecell down one row (back to the original row which is
    now 1 row down) for the next insert.

    Tom Ogilvy

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO
    Tom,
    The code help was great; the in depth explaination is above and beyond and made it crystal clear. Thanks.