creating template

  1. #1
    enyaw
    Guest

    creating template

    I am creating a template to calulate information that is downloaded from
    another program. The information is downloaded into different sheets and i
    need to do lookups to bring the information into one sheet. The problem i
    have is that there are subtotals to be placed on the sheet but the
    information is not always in the same format. In one download there may be
    four items to calculate while in another download there may be only three.
    Is there any programming I can use to calculate the subtotals once all the
    items are in place?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: creating template

    enyaw,
    Does the Data>Subtotals achieve your goal ?

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    enyaw
    Guest

    Re: creating template

    The info is dowloaded into other sheets. The main sheet uses lookups to
    gather all the info together to calculate it.
    e.g.
    Part No Seq No Description Labour Material Total
    1111 2 printer 10 15
    25
    1112 2 welder 15 10
    25
    Subtotal 25 25
    50

    The only thing i type in is the Part no and the rest is picked up by lookups
    When i have all the items in that sequence inputted i need to be able to do
    a subtotal on them automatically.

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: creating template

    If you only will have one part number at any one time, just put in sum
    formulas that address the largest amount of data that you will retrieve.

    You can hide intervening blank rows if you need to print a report.

    Tom Ogilvy

  5. #5
    enyaw
    Guest

    Re: creating template

    I need to input the subtotals automatically. Is there a way of inputting the
    subtotal row via programming and add it to a command button. I need to know
    if there is a way to input the subtotal from the cell that the cursor is in.

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: creating template

    Private sub commandbutton1_Click()
    activecell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Subtotal(9,R2C:R[-1]C)"
    end Sub

    the R2C says to start the sum in Row 2 of the same column as the formula.
    Adjust the 2 to reflect the start of your data.

    Tom Ogilvy

  7. #7
    enyaw
    Guest

    Re: creating template

    Is there a way of getting this formula to use the active cell as a reference
    to the row that needs the subtotal formula instead of having to type it in in
    the program?

  8. #8
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: creating template

    It puts the formula in the activecell - as you asked.

    Tom Ogilvy