VBA: Tools -> Reference

  1. #1
    CinqueTerra
    Guest

    VBA: Tools -> Reference

    I have a two workbooks. Whenever one is opened, I need the other to be open.
    I know it is possible to do this by creating a reference within the VBA the
    first workbook. I have tried going into Tools -> Reference and selecting the
    second workbook, but this gives an error.

    Error: Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library.

    Thanks, in advance, for any help you might give me!

  2. #2

    Re: VBA: Tools -> Reference

    Hit ctrl-r to see the projects for each workbook.
    Select the project that you want to refer to.
    hit F4 to see it's properties
    change that (name) property to something unique--don't use VBAProject

    Save that workbook with its new project name.

    Try adding the reference.

  3. #3

    Re: VBA: Tools -> Reference

    All this takes place in the VBE--not excel.

  4. #4
    CinqueTerra
    Guest

    Re: VBA: Tools -> Reference

    Awesome! Thanks!!!

  5. #5
    London
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: VBA: Tools -> Reference

    David Peterson, you are the best
    If only Microsoft could do a as good as you on their Help directories...