Exporting Excel Graphs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Richard John
    Guest

    Exporting Excel Graphs

    I'm building an Office Application including Excel using Office 2000
    Professional running under XP Pro (SP2)

    I have embedded several Excel tables and associated graphs in a Word
    document using VBA. The problem is that a number of surplus table rows are
    appended after each graph in Word, causing unnecessary page breaks in Word,
    which then have 2B manually deleted.

    Each table and graph is assigned a range name in Excel. The range definition
    covers the table and the graph completely which I think is causing the
    problem. Does anyone know of a "clean" way to pluck out Excel tables and
    graphs for embedding into Word without all those surplus table rows? eg. Is
    it possible to just plug the graph into Word from Excel using VBA?

    --

    Richard John
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    RE: Exporting Excel Graphs

    You can save Excel charts as pictures and then include the pictures in Word:
    but then, the Word copy becomes static i.e will not change if the Excel chart
    changes. Is this wht you want?

  3. #3
    Richard John
    Guest

    Re: Exporting Excel Graphs

    "AA2e72E" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > You can save Excel charts as pictures and then include the pictures in
    > Word:
    > but then, the Word copy becomes static i.e will not change if the Excel
    > chart
    > changes. Is this wht you want?

    This sort of happens now. I've automated Word 2000 to copy the table and the
    graph from an Excel named range, into Word. This works ok, except that the
    table and the graph now in a Word table give some extra rows I don't want. I
    just wondered if there was some way to eliminate the extra rows from the
    Excel source being copied. I tried restricting the copied range to the Excel
    table and the a couple of rows that overlap the chart. Doesn't work. The
    system forces me select the entire range.

    Thanks

    RJ

  4. #4
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    Re: Exporting Excel Graphs

    Right click on the chart, click chart options, then Data Table and select
    Show Data Table.

    This will include the data you have usedto plot the chart within the
    chart/picture. If you simply copies this picture in Word, would you still get
    the extra rows?

  5. #5
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Exporting Excel Graphs

    Look up the responses to your post from yesterday.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services