Problems with calendar control

  1. #1
    Wim
    Guest

    Problems with calendar control

    In my work office (XP professional) my vba code works perfectly,
    however at home (XP home edition) with a number of actions (like
    entering a new name for a cell) I get the message that the
    "Microsoft Windows Common Controls 2-6.0 SP-4" is absent in the
    library, and that I should add
    MSCOMCT2.OCX.

    I did some preliminary research and found that the reason could be the
    calendar control I included in the file. (all the other controls are
    very basic from the standard toolbox, like command buttons and combo
    boxes).
    I don't want to have any exotic controls in my file, because my file
    will be used by people worldwide and I don't want error risks. That's
    why I removed this calendar control. However, the problem persists,
    with certain actions it still keeps asking for this library file, and
    even none of the controls on the sheet which included the calendar
    control works anymore.

    Please some advice on how to permanently remove any calendar control
    references.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Problems with calendar control

    in the vbe with your workbook as the active project, did you go to
    tools=>references and uncheck any references you don't want?

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Wim
    Guest

    Re: Problems with calendar control

    The reference I don't want is precisely the one I can't uncheck. It's
    the ""Microsoft Windows Common Controls 2-6.0 SP-4". When I try to
    remove this reference I get the message that that's not possible
    because it's in use.

    That puzzles me, because I don't have any exotic control in my file
    anymore.

    Any other suggestion?

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Problems with calendar control

    When I have problems like that, i use the immediate window to execute code
    to remove it.

  5. #5
    Wim
    Guest

    Re: Problems with DTPicker

    I didn't manage to solve the problem. I thought simply deleting the
    control would help, but there still appears to be some reference in my
    file, because it asks me to create an instance of the DTPicker. I
    managed to delete it in an older file though.

    Reading other problem shooting sites, I have the impression that the
    DTpicker is not so obvious to work with, you need to register it and
    all, it doesn't work smoothly in excel sheets etc. (size changes etc.)
    I can probably make it all right for my own file with extra code and
    registering it, but I don't dare sending the file as such to the other
    side of the world. Too risky.

    Thanks anyway for your help Tom.