Query starts a "read only" copy of the source sheet

  1. #1

    Query starts a "read only" copy of the source sheet

    I saved a query into worksheet1 that periodically retrievs data from
    another worksheet2. When I try to start process of Refreshing Data and
    both worksheets are already open on my PC a "Read Only" copy of
    worksheet2 is ocasionally open and freezes.

    When I make changes to worksheet2 and save it worksheet1 is still using
    a read only copy that is not updated with my changes. If I fiddle for a
    while with manual closing of the "read only" file eventualy it stops
    appearing and everything works fine for a day.

    How can I simplify the process of initial setup and avoid manual
    closing of the unwanted file?

    Georgee

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Query starts a "read only" copy of the source sheet

    Possibly use code to transfer the data rather than doing a query.

    Tom Ogilvy