Get Top X,Middle Y,Bottom Z percent Records

  1. #1
    Bala
    Guest

    Get Top X,Middle Y,Bottom Z percent Records

    Hi,
    can anyone has answer for the following scenario.

    How will I get Top 20(say for example 20), middle 20, bottom 20
    records in an excel sheet supposing there are 60 records.
    Any idea for generalized one? (i.e) If I specify top x % records then
    it should return the top x % records and as the same way
    if I specify bottom y % then it should return the bottom y % of the
    total records.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Bala

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: Get Top X,Middle Y,Bottom Z percent Records

    The PERCENTRANK worksheet function will rank them for you by percent. I am
    not sure what you want to do when you select them (copy them somewhere?) but
    you can use the results of this function to easily find the records in any
    percent range.
    --
    - K Dales

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Get Top X,Middle Y,Bottom Z percent Records

    Look at Data=>Autofilter

    otherwise, you would probably need to use a dummy column containing a
    formula to specify which group that row goes in - then use the autofilter no
    that column or sort.

    Of course a macro is always an option as well.
    Tom Ogilvy