Calendar control doesn't work on some machines

  1. #1
    Geoff
    Guest

    Calendar control doesn't work on some machines

    Hi

    I have installed the Excel calendar on an Excel worksheet where it works
    fine, however when the same worksheet is distributed to other users this
    control either doesn't come up at all, or it comes up but without the
    calendar dates being visible.

    The worksheet is not protected, nor does it have any merged cells on it.

    Can anyone tell me the cause of the problem and how to cure it?

  2. #2
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Calendar control doesn't work on some machines

    In your workbook VBA add a reference to the Microsoft Calendar Object x.0.
    Tools\References and put a check next to the reference. Save your book and
    re-distribute. I believe the calendar object is activated on the machine
    from Access and if that machine did not install Access than it does not know
    what the object is yet. By using a reference to it in your book, the other
    machines will know how to use the object.

    Mike F
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Geoff
    Guest

    Re: Calendar control doesn't work on some machines

    Thanks for the information Mike, but I have already checked the Microsoft
    Calendar Control 11.0 under Tools/References in my workbook. The problem is
    possibly occuring on machines without Access installed. Is there any other
    way of circumventing this - maybe by the use of code?

  4. #4
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Calendar control doesn't work on some machines

    NOTE: The Calendar Control is an ActiveX control (actually a file called
    mscal.ocx) supplied with Microsoft Office. It is normally installed with a
    standard installation of Microsoft Office Professional or Microsoft Access,
    but if you can't find it on the list you will need to get hold of a copy. If
    you are distributing your file, or planning to use it on more than one
    computer, you will also need to make sure that the host computer has the
    mscal.ocx file installed. You will find it on the CD that your copy of
    Microsoft Office Professional came on, or you can download a copy from here.

    [Follow this link for full instructions on downloading and installing the
    mscal.ocx ActiveX Calendar Control file.]

  5. #5
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Calendar control doesn't work on some machines

    Sorry the link didn't come through, look at this link:

    http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm

    Mike F
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Geoff
    Guest

    Re: Calendar control doesn't work on some machines

    Thanks for your help Mike. I'll try this on the problem machines.