Recording Mouse Actions in VBA

  1. #1

    Recording Mouse Actions in VBA

    Hi

    Not sure if this is possible at all, but is it possible to somehow record the movements of the mouse pointer in vba?

    Basically ive been asked to do a basic excel training document and it would be handy if i could somehow use VBA to record each step of the training so when the user runs the training macro it shows them each step (then id add in a load of interactive msg boxes etc to spice things up)
    I.e. i might want to show someone how to go to data, then sort and id want to see the mouse do the very same thing.

    Thanks!

    Tim

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Recording Mouse Actions in VBA

    Tim,
    Not easily from Excel.
    If the demo will be run from the same computer (i.e. the resolution, monitor
    size etc) is not going to change, a program like AutoIt may be suitable.

    NickHK

    "iambalrog" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ivan Raiminius
    Guest

    Re: Recording Mouse Actions in VBA

    Hi,

    unfortunately you cannot use macro recorder to track mouse movements.
    Additionaly there is no easy way in Excel how to do it
    programmatically.

    Regards,
    Ivan

  4. #4
    fugazi48
    Guest

    RE: Recording Mouse Actions in VBA

    There is software that records screen actions into a Divx file or Mpeg. I
    know Techsmith has a demo version that may be good for 20 days or so. It
    works very well at creating training videos. www.techsmith.com (I think)

  5. #5
    Thanks chaps, i'll have a peruse of whatever software applications are handy for doing this...i guess i'll end up recording something and making people view it on Media player next to an excel file.