Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Alternative Ways to Spellcheck a Range

  1. #1
    Jay
    Guest

    Alternative Ways to Spellcheck a Range

    Are there any other ways to perform a spell check on a range, other
    then saying myRange.CheckSpelling(...)? Like maybe call the F7
    Spellcheck function on a range somehow (this is different then the
    range.CheckSpelling function). Thanks!

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Alternative Ways to Spellcheck a Range

    Hi Jay,

    > Are there any other ways to perform a spell check on a range, other
    > then saying myRange.CheckSpelling(...)? Like maybe call the F7
    > Spellcheck function on a range somehow (this is different then the
    > range.CheckSpelling function).

    Calling Spellcheck from Excel, either using F7 or the menu option, invokes
    the CheckSpelling method. The only difference is that Excel always uses the
    current values for the optional CustomDictionary, IgnoreUppercase,
    AlwaysSuggest and SpellLang parameters. whereas invoking the method from VBA
    enables these settings to be modified.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  3. #3
    Jay
    Guest

    Re: Alternative Ways to Spellcheck a Range

    Thanks for the replay Norman. The reason I assumed the teo functions
    were different (CheckSpelling and F7) were because when you spellcheck
    with F7, it shows the active cell being checked so you can see the
    error; however, when you call CheckSpelling, it does not show the cell
    being checked. Are you sure they are the exact same function?

    Thanks!
    Jay

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Alternative Ways to Spellcheck a Range

    Hi Jay,

    Try turning on the macro recorder and run the SpellChecker - then examine
    the resultant code.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Jay
    Guest

    Re: Alternative Ways to Spellcheck a Range

    Good idea. I recorded it, and all it does is Cells.CheckSpelling.
    However, when I run the recorded macro, it goes back to no displaying
    the active cell, even though the active cell was displayed when I
    recorded it. Are there alternative ways you can think of to figure out
    what the F7 is doing? Thanks again!

Closed Thread