Locate specific record

  1. #1
    burl_rfc
    Guest

    Locate specific record

    In the following code I'm copying data from a worksheet (QuoteForm) to
    another workbook called Quote Log Temp, worksheet TempQuoteLog. The
    code works great, no issues at all. But I'd like to change it slightly,
    but I'm struggling with how to do it.

    Here's what I'd like to do, the critical variable is the Quote_Number
    in the source worksheet, lets say that the quote number already exists
    in the Quote Log Temp workbook (destination), how would I copy the data
    from the source worksheet and copy over the existing data in the
    destination workbook. I'm thinking you would first have to locate the
    record in the destination worksheet, then copy the data over using
    similar code to below, how would you code the locate portion?

    Sub Rectangle24_Click()

    Dim Src As Workbook
    Dim Dest As Workbook
    Dim iRow As Long
    Dim ws As Worksheet

    Set Src = ThisWorkbook 'Source Workbook
    Set Dest = Workbooks.Open("C:\Temp\Quote Models\Quote Log Temp.xls")
    Set ws = Dest.Worksheets("TempQuoteLog")

    'find first empty row in database
    iRow = ws.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row

    'copy the data to the database
    ws.Cells(iRow, 1).Value =
    Src.Worksheets("QuoteForm").Range("Quote_Number")
    ws.Cells(iRow, 2).Value =
    Src.Worksheets("QuoteForm").Range("ProductCode")
    ws.Cells(iRow, 3).Value = Src.Worksheets("QuoteForm").Range("Customer")

    End Sub

    Thanks
    burl_rfc

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Locate specific record

    Sub Rectangle24_Click()

    Dim Src As Workbook
    Dim Dest As Workbook
    Dim iRow As Long
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    Dim rng as Range
    Dim rng1 as Range

    Set Src = ThisWorkbook 'Source Workbook
    Set Dest = Workbooks.Open("C:\Temp\Quote Models\Quote Log Temp.xls")
    Set ws = Dest.Worksheets("TempQuoteLog")
    Set rng = Src.Worksheets("QuoteForm").Range("Quote_Number")

    'find first empty row in database
    set rng1 = ws.Columns(1).Find( _
    What:= rng.Value, _
    After:=ws.Cells(rows.count,1), _
    LookIn:=xlValues, _
    LookAt:=xlWhole, _
    SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
    SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
    MatchCase:=False)
    if not rng1 is nothing then
    iRow = rng1.row
    Else
    iRow= ws.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
    End if

    'copy the data to the database
    ws.Cells(iRow, 1).Value = rng.Value