How to use a macro from another excelsheet

  1. #1
    Jeroen
    Guest

    How to use a macro from another excelsheet

    Hello,

    can anybody tell me how to use a macro from another excel sheet.
    Situation :

    I have 1 file called records.xls
    This file has to be overwritten every time when filled (export from access).
    When this opens I have to start an Excel macro.
    How can I use or start a macro which is in my other file : macro.xls (empty
    sheet with just a macro in it).
    Or any other solution is welcome.

    Jeroen

  2. #2
    Ivan Raiminius
    Guest

    Re: How to use a macro from another excelsheet

    Hi Jeroen,

    simply store the macro in your personal.xls or as an add-in.

    Regards,
    Ivan

  3. #3
    davegb

    Jeroen wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > can anybody tell me how to use a macro from another excel sheet.
    > Situation :
    >
    > I have 1 file called records.xls
    > This file has to be overwritten every time when filled (export from access).
    > When this opens I have to start an Excel macro.
    > How can I use or start a macro which is in my other file : macro.xls (empty
    > sheet with just a macro in it).
    > Or any other solution is welcome.
    >
    > Jeroen

    Or just open the file the macro is in, it will be available to run.

  4. #4
    Jeroen
    Guest

    Re: How to use a macro from another excelsheet

    Hi Ivan,

    how do you mean both, I am pretty new to macro's and excel

    Jeroen

  5. #5
    Ivan Raiminius
    Guest

    Re: How to use a macro from another excelsheet

    Hi Jeroen,

    personal.xls is Personal Macro Book offered by macro recorder. This
    workbook remains open and you can use all macros recorded or written by
    yourself.

    Add-in is workbook saved as add-in (*.xla - you can save as it in
    Excel). Then in Tools >> Addins you can install it and have it prepared
    for use.

    See excel help for more details.

    Regards,
    Ivan