Generating 1004 error messages while running a marco

  1. #1

    Generating 1004 error messages while running a marco

    Hello,

    I currently have a consolidated worksheet (thanks Bill!) called "Dashboard" that contains closed items that are marked by a validated column that can only contain "Closed, Open, or In-Progress." Is there a way to move the rows with a value of "Closed" to another worksheet called "Completed"? Also when this move is done, that row is no longer necessary in Dashboard and should be removed.

    Edit: here are some additional information:

    The worksheet has a locked header that is 6 rows deep (the values for the "Status" column begins on row 7 and on.)

    The "status" column is at column 11.

    i have a snippet of code which does the above purpose

    Sub MoveClosed()
    Sheets("Dashboard").Select
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Closed"
    Range("A7").Select
    ' Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
    Range(Selection, ActiveCell.Offset(0, 13).Range("A1")).Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Completed").Select
    Range("A7").Select
    ' The next 3 steps require that there be at least two rows of data in Completed
    Selection.End(xlDown).Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Sheets("Dashboard").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Selection.EntireRow.Delete
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1
    ActiveCell.Select
    End Sub

    but when i am run this marco .it genrates an error message saying

    Run-time error '1004':

    Application-defined or object-define error

    it is showing error
    ActiveCell.offset(1,0).Range("A1").Select

    Help Me please its argent

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor colofnature's Avatar
    -
    MS-Off Ver
    -
    Try this

    sub MoveClosed()
    sheets("Completed").cells.delete ' delete this if you want to keep existing info
    sheets("Dashboard").Select
    [1:6].copy sheets("Completed").[a1] ' and this...
    for each c in range([k7], cells(activesheet.usedrange.rows.count,11))
    if c.value = "Closed" then c.entirerow.copy sheets("Completed").[a1].end(xldown).offset(1,0)
    next
    end sub

    I reckon your problem was that when you did "selection.end(xldown).select" and then tried to offset to the next row you were already at the bottom row so there wasn't another cell to offset to.
    Col

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Generating 1004 error messages while running a marco

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

    Tom Ogilvy