VB form Newbie

  1. #1

    Question VB form Newbie

    I need to set up a form to help in adding data to a worksheet.

    How would I go about setting up a form for the following Worksheet:

    Reciept | Date | Details | Amount | Security | Entertainment | Gambling | Groceries | Misc

    The form I require Should have a text box entry for Reciept Number, Date, Details & Amount, Then it should have a drop down box for the type i.e Secuity, Entertainment, Gambling, Groceries and Misc.

    The amount should be displayed on the worksheet in both the amount column and also under the selected type.

    The entry needs to be able to press tab to got to each field and then enter to add it to the row before moving onto the next row. It should insert a new row for each set

    At the botom of each of the amount to Misc will be a row of total cells and below that will be a cell that displays the total of the totals row.

    Any help with this would be much appreciated thanks as im well out of my depth.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: VB form Newbie

    If this is a solicitation to pay someone to develop a solution to your
    specification for you, you can ignore my post, but if you want to learn how
    to do it yourself:

    XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data (Q161514)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=161514

    XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data (Q213749)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213749

    See this tutorial here
    http://www.*****-blog.com/excel/2004...g_userfor.html

    How to use Visual Basic for Applications examples to control UserForms in
    Microsoft Excel

    Here are some other sources of information:

    http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm
    Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form
    Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=168067
    File Title: Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R) for Applications Examples for
    Controlling UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97
    File Name: WE1163.EXE
    File Size: 161742 bytes
    File Date: 05/08/97
    UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97. It includes examples and Microsoft Visual
    Basic for Applications macros that show you how to take advantage of the
    capabilities of UserForms and use each of the ActiveX controls that are
    available for UserForms

    Peter Aiken Articles:
    Part I
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...FormsPartI.asp