I need help writing a macro that will correct typing errors?

  1. #1
    notthemacroman
    Guest

    I need help writing a macro that will correct typing errors?

    I need a macro that when selected, will correct cell inputs.....
    ex. What I want in the column/row of cells is AAAA.

    What I have been given is AAA B, AA, AAAAA.

    I would like to correct these with a macro.

    Any help would be great, thanks.

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: I need help writing a macro that will correct typing errors?

    You can do this with AutoCorrect. Click TOOLS and select AUTOCORRECT OPTIONS
    and add what you want to trap and what you want to replace it with.

    A lot easier that writing code.
    --
    Kevin Backmann

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Ohio, USA
    Could you be a bit more specific?
    Do you want any value in the cell to be changed to "AAAA" or changes made based on some other criteria?

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Ohio, USA
    I concur with Kevin's suggestion, however, autocorrect will change all occurrences no matter where they are entered. You will have to restrict (lock) cells where you do not want a user to enter data.