Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Delete rows that do not meet specific criteria

  1. #1
    SITCFanTN
    Guest

    Delete rows that do not meet specific criteria

    I download a report each day into excel that includes a weeks worth of data.
    I only want to keep todays data for a specific transaction. The transactions
    are in the A/C column and are A, B, C or D and I only want A's with for the
    current date. My date is formatted as 60530 and is in the Entered column. I
    now how to do this with a query in Access, my question is how and if I can do
    this with VBA in an Excel Macro.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    You can copy and paste after you filter using Autofilter.

    Select the column. Go to Data, Filter, AutoFilter. Select the date you want.

    Then go to Edit, Go To (or use Ctrl-G), click Special, select Visible cells only.

    Ctrl-C, go to another sheet and Ctrl V.

  3. #3
    SITCFanTN
    Guest

    Re: Delete rows that do not meet specific criteria

    Is there a way this can be automated with VBA. I just want to keep rows with
    A in the A/C column which is column C. When I did the autofilter, it changed
    all rows in the spreadsheet to A which is not what I need. I want to delete
    all rows that does not have an A in Column C of the Speadsheet. Thanks so
    much. Oh I plan on putting this code in an existing macro titled PageSetup.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Of course there is a way.

    This is something I put together in a few minutes.. you have to change it to fit your spreadsheet. I made it so that D5 is where you put the AutoFilter terms.

    Columns("A:A").Select
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=Range("D5").Value
    Cells.Select
    Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Sheet2").Select
    Range("A1").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste