InputBox Query

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Noemi
    Guest

    InputBox Query

    Hi
    I have an inputbox which stores the message in stMessage.

    stMessage has bee put as a public sub so we can use the stMessage in other
    sub's.

    I have a cmd button which checks that all details are entered prior to
    emailing the spreadsheet and if something is missing a msgbox appears
    advising the user to enter information.

    When this happens, the stMessage is wiped clean and we lose the message.

    Is there a way to make sure that the stMessage doesn't change unless advised
    to do so.

    Thanks
    Noemi

  2. #2
    Jeff Standen
    Guest

    Re: InputBox Query

    Sounds like you are using stMessage to store the answer from the second
    message box you talk about, as well as the original inputbox. Just use
    another variable for that message box.

    Jeff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Noemi
    Guest

    Re: InputBox Query

    Hi Jeff
    I tried it but the stMessage stl goes to nothing once the program ends due
    to missing data needs to be entered.

    Is there a way to store the information in the stMessage so even if the
    program ends (due to having to enter additional information) we dont lose the
    comments entered previously.

    Thanks
    Noemi

  4. #4
    Jeff Standen
    Guest

    Re: InputBox Query

    Ah, sorry, misunderstood your question. Variables disappear from memory when
    the program finishes, so you need to store the information somewhere. I
    would use a hidden Name, since that is kept even when the workbook is
    closed. You can then fetch it from there when you need to.

  5. #5
    Jeff Standen

  6. #6
    Noemi
    Guest

    Re: InputBox Query

    Hi Jeff
    I dont understand what you mean by hidden Name.
    Can you please clarify for me.
    Thanks
    Noemi