match function inside if function

  1. #1
    gnotnoel
    Guest

    match function inside if function

    I'm trying to write a match function inside an if function.
    Basically I have two codes:

    =IF(MATCH( 'Asset Tagging'!B6, 'Formula Data'!C191:C839, 0), "No", "Yes")

    Which displays a No whenever a match is found between the two databases.
    I'm not sure how to make it say "Yes" whenever it does not match. Excel
    automatically assigns #N/A to a non-match

    So, I made this function
    =IF(ISNA('Formula Data'!D2),1,0)

    to display 1(yes) whenever the cell's value is #N/A and 0(no) for when the
    value is not #N/A.

    The only way I was able to make this work was making another sheet with an
    array of results from the first function and an array with results from the
    second function.

    Is there anyway I can combine these two functions with VBA or change the
    default of the first function to display "Yes" instead of "#N/A"?

    Thanks for any advice
    Noel

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: match function inside if function

    =IF(ISNA(MATCH( 'Asset Tagging'!B6, 'Formula Data'!C191:C839, 0)), "No",
    "Yes")

    AP

    6120d9d8fc31f@uwe...

  3. #3
    gnotnoel
    Guest

    Re: match function inside if function

    Thanks for the quick response.
    I tried the function and various versions of this function already.
    It's always displaying a No on the cell, even though the assets do not match.

    Am I doing something wrong?

    Noel