[OT] Google spreadsheet

  1. #1
    John.Greenan
    Guest

    [OT] Google spreadsheet

    Has anyone got access to google spreadsheet????

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06..._excel_killer/

    Any good (and yes, it's off-topic, hence the [OT] in the subject, but it's
    pretty relevant.

    --
    www.alignment-systems.com

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: [OT] Google spreadsheet

    here
    http://www.google.com/googlespreadsheets/try_out.html

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    John.Greenan
    Guest

    Re: [OT] Google spreadsheet

    Yes, I can see the form to request access, but has anyone got access?????

    --
    www.alignment-systems.com

  4. #4
    Duncan
    Guest

    Re: Google spreadsheet

    not yet..........

  5. #5
    Pistolprinsen
    Guest

    Re: [OT] Google spreadsheet

    The way I see it:

    ANY spreadsheet that claims to be an Excel replacement, or Excel compatible,
    or Excel import/export able, can ONLY truely claim to be so, if it also got
    FULL macro support - thus any macro contained will be executable flawless
    too.

    So far, I've failed to find such a spreadsheet!

    Conclusion: Excel!

    Pistolprinsen

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Duncan
    Guest

    Re: Google spreadsheet

    Access is now available for this as far as I know, if you do not have
    access then you might have misspelled your email address on the
    invitation.

    Regards

    Duncan

  7. #7
    John.Greenan
    Guest

    Re: Google spreadsheet

    Hi Duncan,

    I received the invitation. Well, at the moment I don't think Bill Gates
    will be sweating it, but they have some good ideas. In about 2 hours of
    testing I have reported about 6 bugs, so there's a long long way to go...

    Cheers,

    John

    --
    www.alignment-systems.com

  8. #8
    Duncan
    Guest

    Re: Google spreadsheet

    I think their is definite potential for this, I quite like it even in
    its simplicity at the moment because it is still ok for simple sharing
    and the updating is good.

    It cannot handle some of my formulas though!, that is my main drawback
    to using it at the moment but like you I have sent loads of feedback
    and hopefully this will feed their development.

    I will keep my eye on this, I would love it to snub mr gates but I
    think its a mammoth task to recreate excel.

    Duncan