Load data from multiple spreadsheets into one master spreadsheet

  1. #1
    Scarlet
    Guest

    Load data from multiple spreadsheets into one master spreadsheet

    Hi All,

    I am looking to load data from a number of spreadsheets into one master
    spreadsheet using VBA.

    These are timesheets, so all are the spreadsheets are the same format
    but each one will contain different numbers of rows.

    The name of the spreadsheets will change every week but all sheets will
    be placed in the same directory every week. These will be the only
    files there.

    The master spreadsheet will be of the same format.

    So in short, i need to be able to open up the spreadsheets in turn read
    the data row by row and copy it into the master spreadsheet (inserting
    the rows as i go). Once there are no more rows to read. The next
    spreadsheet is open and read etc etc until there are no more sheets to
    read.

    Ideally I am looking for some VBA examples to get me going, first on
    getting the files in the directory and then loading the data.

    Any help / coding examples woould be very much appreciated.

    -Scarlet

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Load data from multiple spreadsheets into one master spreadsheet

    Hi Scarlet

    Try
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

    --