transpose data from horizontal to vertical in a specific column

  1. #1
    elaine
    Guest

    transpose data from horizontal to vertical in a specific column

    Hello,

    I have a problem and its kinda hard to explain in words, so I am going
    to type out my spreadsheet as an example:

    I have lots of place names, and hotel names and a link to each of these
    hotel names.

    eg:
    ColA B C D
    E F
    row1country name name + hotel hotel+ name variation
    website
    row2Corfu Apple Apple hotel hotel Apple Applehotel
    Cofu www.applehotel.com
    row3Algarve imperial imperial hotel hotel imperial
    imperialhotel www.imphotel.com
    row4
    row5 etc

    What I want to do is to transpose all the names in rows to column only.
    ie:

    ColA B C D
    E F
    row1country name name + hotel hotel+ name variation
    website
    row2Corfu Apple
    www.applehotel.com
    row3 Apple hotel
    row4 hotel Apple
    row5 Applehotel Cofu
    row6Algarve imperial imperial hotel hotel imperial
    imperialhotel www.imphotel.com

    I want to do this as i need to assign a number to each of the
    variations of the hotel names but keep the website the same or each
    hotel.

    Is there a way to do it?

    Please help.

    Regards,
    Elaine.

  2. #2
    elaine
    Guest

    Re: transpose data from horizontal to vertical in a specific column

    With same country down column A while rowB to row D are transpose to
    col B2-5

    ColA B C D
    > E F
    > row1country name name + hotel hotel+ name variation
    > website
    > row2Corfu Apple
    > www.applehotel.com
    > row3 Corfu Apple hotel
    > row4 Corfu hotel Apple
    > row5 Corfu Applehotel Cofu
    > row6Algarve imperial imperial hotel hotel imperial
    > imperialhotel www.imphotel.com

    Elaine

  3. #3
    Paul LeBlanc
    Guest

    RE: transpose data from horizontal to vertical in a specific column

    Have you tried copy paste special transpose?