Macro delimiting text if column has value

  1. #1
    Beverly76
    Guest

    Macro delimiting text if column has value

    This is my macro, it goes column by column A - AZ delimiting text. The
    problem I have is that I get an error message on the first column which is
    empty.

    After column A, is there a way to say if B1 is null, end macro before moving
    on to delimit Text in Column B?

    I want to make this macro available to other users but the error message is
    a problem.

    Columns("A:A").Select
    Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("A1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _
    TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False,
    Tab:=True, _
    Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=False,
    FieldInfo _
    :=Array(1, 1), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True
    Columns("B:B").Select
    Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("B1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _

    --
    Sincerely,
    Beverly76

  2. #2

    Re: Macro delimiting text if column has value

    Your code does data|text to columns|delimited by tab on column A.

    Doesn't that mean that all the stuff in column A now is parsed into B:xxx based
    on tab characters?

    And the stuff in column B won't have any tab characters there at all.

    Is that what you're doing or am I missing something?

  3. #3
    Beverly76
    Guest

    Re: Macro delimiting text if column has value

    It is more of a procedural step to make sure all the text is where it is
    supposed to be, where it appears to be.

    It is probably redundant. But what I really want at this point is the code
    to interrupt the macro if a cell is blank.
    --
    Sincerely,
    Beverly76

  4. #4

    Re: Macro delimiting text if column has value

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme01()

    Dim iCol As Long

    With ActiveSheet

    iCol = 1
    Do
    If iCol > .Columns.Count Then
    Exit Do
    End If
    If IsEmpty(.Cells(1, iCol).Value) Then
    Exit Do
    End If

    With .Columns(iCol)
    .TextToColumns Destination:=.Cells(1), _
    DataType:=xlDelimited, _
    TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, _
    ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, _
    Tab:=True, Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, _
    Space:=False, Other:=False, _
    FieldInfo:=Array(1, 1), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True
    End With
    iCol = iCol + 1
    Loop
    End With