Macro to Paste Items to All but Several Workshets

  1. #1
    Magnivy
    Guest

    Macro to Paste Items to All but Several Workshets

    Hello,

    I'm trying to create a macro that would paste items from a sheet, say Sheet1
    range A1:D1 to some of the other worksheets, say Sheets5-Sheet10 Range A1:D1.
    I came up with the following macro:

    Sub PASTEFORMULAS()

    Worksheets("Sheet1").Select
    Range("A1:D1").Select
    Selection.Copy

    For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count
    Select Case PasteToWorksheets
    Case Worksheets(i).Name = "Sheet1" Or "Sheet2" Or "Sheet3" Or "Sheet4"
    Case Else
    Range("E10").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    End Select
    Next i
    End Sub

    That macro generates an error and the line Case Worksheets(i).Name =
    "Sheet1" Or "Sheet2" Or "Sheet3" Or "Sheet4" is highlighted. I did not enter
    any code for the case when the worksheet is Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, or Sheet4
    because I don’t want to paste items into those worksheets. I'm not sure how
    to fix this.

    Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated!

    Sincerely,

    Magnivy

  2. #2
    Paul Mathews
    Guest

    RE: Macro to Paste Items to All but Several Workshets

    How about this:

    Sub PASTEFORMULAS()

    Worksheets("Sheet1").Select
    Range("A1:D1").Select
    Selection.Copy

    'Copy data to all sheets except sheets 1-4
    For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count
    If i > 4 then
    Range("E10").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    End
    Next i

    End Sub

  3. #3
    Paul Mathews
    Guest

    RE: Macro to Paste Items to All but Several Workshets

    Sorry, I missed something (need to select the sheet to copy to). See the
    modified line immediately after "If i>4 then". Sorry about that.

    > Sub PASTEFORMULAS()
    >
    > Worksheets("Sheet1").Select
    > Range("A1:D1").Select
    > Selection.Copy
    >
    > 'Copy data to all sheets except sheets 1-4
    > For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count
    > If i > 4 then

    Sheets(i).Range("E10").Select

  4. #4
    Paul Mathews
    Guest

    RE: Macro to Paste Items to All but Several Workshets

    Okay, sorry again, one more kick at the can (it's a brain freeze day for me):

    > Worksheets("Sheet1").Select
    > Range("A1:D1").Select
    > Selection.Copy
    >
    > 'Copy data to all sheets except sheets 1-4
    > For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count
    > If i > 4 then

    Sheets(i).Select

  5. #5
    Magnivy
    Guest

    RE: Macro to Paste Items to All but Several Workshets

    Hey Paul,

    Your macro works. Thaks a lot for your help!

    Magnivy

  6. #6
    Magnivy
    Guest

    RE: Macro to Paste Items to All but Several Workshets

    No problem. I got it to work. Thanks again!

    Magnivy