Summarising Worksheet Data

  1. #1
    Jade
    Guest

    Summarising Worksheet Data

    We have a spreadsheet that has worksheets names 06180 to 06189. I want to
    create a summary worksheet of some of the data. The worksheets are identical
    and the data that I want will always be the same.

    The worksheets are named 06180 to 06189.

    Date (H7)
    Supplier (B8)
    Purchase Order Number (H9)
    $ Amount (P40)

    I have not used macros or VBA before and I am thinking this is the only way
    to be able to summarise the data that I want.

    Also at the end of every month we use a new spreadsheet so how do make it so
    its easy for me to change formulas etc for a new spreadsheet??

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Summarising Worksheet Data

    It is unclear what you mean by summarizing text values or dates. You can
    sum "amount"/a number.

    =sum('06180:06189'!P40)

    You can put in two dummy sheets, for example one name Start and one named
    End, then put all your sheets and any new sheets between these two sheets
    (in the tab order). Then your formula

    =sum(Start:End!P40)

    will include new sheets you add.

    Look in Excel help at 3D references.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jade
    Guest

    Re: Summarising Worksheet Data

    Hi Tom

    I want a worksheet that has columns named date, supplier, purchase order
    number & $Amount and a formula or something that will put the data in the
    above mentioned columns. Cell references are:

    Date (H7)
    Supplier (B8)
    Purchase Order Number (H9)
    $ Amount (P40)

    I have used this formula ='06180'!H7 but when I copy it doesn't change the
    worksheet number but changes the cell reference which is not what I want. So
    I tried =SUM('06180:06189'!H7) but it doesn't give me any data just a 0.

    I hope I have explained myself better this time.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Summarising Worksheet Data

    =indirect(Text(6179+row(A1),"00000")&"!H7)

    Drag fill down