Timer

  1. #1
    Steve
    Guest

    Timer

    Just a quick question.

    I found how to doa timer by search on here which works really well.

    However, can't seem to format it so it only says "7 seconds" as opposed to
    "7.123456 seconds"

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    --
    Steve R

  2. #2
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Timer

    Steve wrote:
    > Just a quick question.
    >
    > I found how to doa timer by search on here which works really well.
    >
    > However, can't seem to format it so it only says "7 seconds" as
    > opposed to "7.123456 seconds"
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    I assume that this value is in a cell? If so how is that cell currently
    formatted? Could you format the cell as Number with no decimal places?

  3. #3
    Steve
    Guest

    RE: Timer

    Sorry Paul, should have explained.

    It's in a msgbox

    Cheers
    --
    Steve R

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Timer

    Use Format(nTime,0) in the time display.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Timer

    Steve wrote:
    > Sorry Paul, should have explained.
    >
    > It's in a msgbox
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    >> Just a quick question.
    >>
    >> I found how to doa timer by search on here which works really well.
    >>
    >> However, can't seem to format it so it only says "7 seconds" as
    >> opposed to "7.123456 seconds"
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> --
    >> Steve R

    OK we know where we are looking now! Somewhere in the VB script there will
    be the msgbox command and it will have as its first parameter either a
    variable or a calculation. Enclose this variable/calculation in the format
    function thus:

    MsgBox Format(22 / 7, "#")

    the above displays 3