Iteration Calculations between sheets

  1. #1

    Iteration Calculations between sheets

    The calculate is set to manual.

    I have four sheets, A, B, C and D. Correct me if I am wrong in any my
    following statements.

    Step 1) Cells in A do not reference other sheets. So, all of A is
    calculated.

    Step 2) Excel goes to the next sheet in alphabetical order, B. Cells in
    B refer to both D sheet and A sheet cells. So Excel will use the
    previous iteration's existing values in D (without recalculating) and
    the values for A calculated in step 1. Right?

    Step 3) Continuing in alphabetical order, Excel with go to sheet C,
    which has cells refering to cells in sheet B. Thus, Excel will use
    values calculated in step 2.

    Step 4) The D sheet has cells which refer to B and C sheet cells, so it
    will use the already calculated values from steps #2 and #3 for those
    cells.

    Please, correct me if I am not understanding how excel is working here.

    Also, reply with any clarification requests you may need.

    Thanks in advance,

    Abe

  2. #2
    John.Greenan
    Guest

    RE: Iteration Calculations between sheets

    There's a great MSDN article explaining this much better than I can:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...excel02_ta.asp

    --
    www.alignment-systems.com