How to convert values in to text

  1. #1
    Vineet
    Guest

    How to convert values in to text

    I want to convert any numeric figure into text - for eg. 456 to Four hundred
    fifty six - how do i do that in excel 2007

  2. #2
    Paul Mathews
    Guest

    RE: How to convert values in to text

    =VALUE(A1) where A1 holds the text string that looks like a number (this is
    an Excel 2003 function which I presume hasn't changed in Excel 2007)

  3. #3
    Paul Mathews
    Guest

    RE: How to convert values in to text

    Hi again, if you were wanting to do a type conversion in VBA, you might want
    to use something like cInt(TextStringVariable) or cLng, CSng, or CDbl
    depending on what the text string number looks like.

  4. #4
    Vineet
    Guest

    RE: How to convert values in to text

    This doen't converts the number to words

  5. #5
    Paul Mathews
    Guest

    RE: How to convert values in to text

    Vineet, sorry, I read your posting the wrong way around. Try using the TEXT
    function. For example TEXT(A1,"0") or TEXT(A1,"$0.00") if you want the
    currency format (you can choose how you'd like to format the number).

  6. #6

    Re: How to convert values in to text

    check back through the archives for lots of posts on this subject, but
    try

    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/com...08330803795afc

  7. #7

    Re: How to convert values in to text

    Hello,

    I suggest to take my function spellnumber from
    http://www.sulprobil.com/html/spellnumber.html and to omit currency and
    fractional output.

    If you think of using another spellnumber function I seriously suggest
    to test it with the input numbers shown on my page...

    HTH,
    Bernd