Force macro on save

  1. #1
    Meltad
    Guest

    Force macro on save

    I want to create a macro to run when users of a shared woorbook hit save or
    save as, as a way of protecting the master data set. My data will contain
    many columns such as standard cost and selling prices, i only want to allow
    the save if they have not corrupted formatting or data validation. Is this
    possible?

    I've made a start with a MsgBox code but not sure how to proceed...

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Force macro on save

    Meltad,
    There is a Workbook_BeforeSave event, so you can check if everything is OK.
    If not then set Cancel=True to abort the save

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Meltad
    Guest

    Re: Force macro on save

    Hi Nick,

    Do you have anymore detail on how to use this?.. I'm a beginner!