macro for converting number stored as "text" (or preceeded with ') to "number" formatting

  1. #1
    markx
    Guest

    macro for converting number stored as "text" (or preceeded with ') to "number" formatting

    Hello,

    I've tried to achieve this with macro recorder, but it writes only the
    ".select" part...
    (I used to select the whole range and than pass through the contextual <!>
    menu that appears briefly on the left side of the cell and signals the
    problem...)

    What is the VBA instruction for this?
    Many thanks,

    Mark

    P.S: Range("B3").Select
    Selection.NumberFormat = "0.00"
    is not functionning in my workbook neither...

  2. #2
    Duncan
    Guest

    Re: macro for converting number stored as "text" (or preceeded with ') to "number" formatting

    Markx

    A workaround I have used it to put

    activecell.value = activecell.value * 1

    Post back if this doesnt work (or if it does)

    Duncan