Conditional Formating ?

  1. #1
    EW
    Guest

    Conditional Formating ?

    So I don't know if I'm in the right group for this type of question. I want
    to make a cell give an arrow up symbol when the ref cell is a positive and
    arrow down symbol when that same cell is a negative? I already have the
    symbol as Wingding3:
    Up arrow: Ç
    Down arrow: È

    Any help in the matter would be great!
    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating ?

    You can't do it with conditional formatting. Instead, just use a
    formula:

    =IF(A1<=0,È,Ç)

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    EW
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating ?

    That did the trick, thanks!

  4. #4
    Ken Johnson
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating ?

    EW wrote:
    > So I don't know if I'm in the right group for this type of question. I w=

    ant
    > to make a cell give an arrow up symbol when the ref cell is a positive and
    > arrow down symbol when that same cell is a negative? I already have the
    > symbol as Wingding3:
    > Up arrow: =C7
    > Down arrow: =C8
    >
    > Any help in the matter would be great!
    > Thanks in advance

    Hi,
    Is this what you mean?...

    =3DIF(B1<0,"i",IF(B1>0,"h","")) in A1 referencing the value in B1 with A1
    Font Windings3 you get a thin down arrow when B1 is <0, a thin up arrow
    when B1 is >0 and a blankcell when B1 =3D0

    Ken Johnson

  5. #5
    lexcel
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating ?

    As formula you could use =3DA1 (the cell you want to refer to) and then
    set a custom cell format (format->cell->custom) to \=C7;\=C8;