Renaming files

  1. #1
    Gordon
    Guest

    Renaming files

    Hi...

    Can anyone help me out here...

    I have 4000 files all randomly saved with any name you wish to name, all in
    the same folder called AA. The only thing the 4000 files have in common is
    that each file contains a sheet called 'summary' and in cell D3 on that sheet
    there is
    a number string sitting amongst random text eg:

    Yellow Diggers 56673 Lincoln
    Big Buses London 5566678 London Jan

    I need code to extract the number from cell D3 and then to rename the file
    with that number. I need to do this for all files in the folder. eg:

    56673.xls
    5566678.xls

    Big ask and I'm desperate. Thanks in advance.

    Gordon

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest