joining two columns together

  1. #1

    joining two columns together

    Hi there,

    I have a series of text data in one column and a series of figures in
    another column. I want to join them together to create one column (i.e.
    GH in column A and 4589 in column B will produce GH4589)

    I'm trying to think of ways of doing it but my knowledge is very
    limited. I am however good at copying and pasting code......Can anyone
    help?

    Chris

  2. #2
    Thyagaraj
    Guest

    Re: joining two columns together

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have a series of text data in one column and a series of figures in
    > another column. I want to join them together to create one column (i.e.
    > GH in column A and 4589 in column B will produce GH4589)
    >
    > I'm trying to think of ways of doing it but my knowledge is very
    > limited. I am however good at copying and pasting code......Can anyone
    > help?
    >
    > Chris

    Dear Chris,

    Use the excels built in formula =concatenate(starting data,ending
    data).

    Regards
    Thyagaraj

  3. #3
    DAV135
    Guest

    Re: joining two columns together

    You can use the CONCATENATE function.

    For example, if you have the letter A in cell A3, and you have the
    number 1 in cell B3, you can use the following formula...

    =CONCATENATE(A3,B3)

    To give you the result of A1.

  4. #4
    Scoops

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have a series of text data in one column and a series of figures in
    > another column. I want to join them together to create one column (i.e.
    > GH in column A and 4589 in column B will produce GH4589)
    >
    > I'm trying to think of ways of doing it but my knowledge is very
    > limited. I am however good at copying and pasting code......Can anyone
    > help?
    >
    > Chris

    Hi Chris

    Does it have to be code?